The Data Architect will develop, optimize and oversee our company’s conceptual and logical data systems. You will create a fluid, end-to-end vision for how data will flow through the organization; making decisions on how we acquire, organize, store, and eventually monetize our data assets. The Data Architect will own our Data Integrity Strategy; you need to be able to address issues of data integration (validation, standardization, and mapping), and will need to understand the importance of data dictionaries. The Data Architect should have an enquiring mind, the ability to abstract general principles from specifics, and a strong desire to establish standards of best practice.
- Design and implement database solutions to store and retrieve contact data
- Collaborate with engineering and management to devise a data strategy that addresses industry requirements
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Research new opportunities for data acquisition
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Implement measures to ensure data accuracy and accessibility
- Maintain a repository of all data architecture artifacts and procedures
- Mentor BI team through training and individual support, acting as senior lead on all projects, tasks, and overall data strategy
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical Capacity and Analytical Problem-Solving: Approaching high-level data challenges with a clear eye on what is important; employing the right approach/methods to make the maximum use of time and human resources, and provide the maximum ROI for the business.
- Effective Communication: Carefully listening to management, the BI and engineering teams to come up with the best data design; explaining complex concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Expert Management: Effectively directing and advising the BI team to strategically complete projects - prioritize, set proper expectations, and meet deadlines.
- Industry Knowledge: Understanding how the B2B lead gen industry functions and how data is collected, analyzed and utilized; identifying areas of opportunity to better serve our technology clients.
Required Education and Experience
Proven, professional experience with:
- Minimum of 3 years as a Data Architect, Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role
- Managing data with AWS Redshift (that's the main playground for the data team)
- Excellent programming, testing and debugging skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Designing, building, and maintaining both new and existing data systems and solutions
- Understanding of ETL processes and how they function
- Must be prepared to learn new business processes or application nuances very quickly
- Knowledge of software development
- PostgreSQL or MySQL
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining
- Ability to learn and work with Python & PHP as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or a related field
Do you want to learn more than you ever thought possible and have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a driven team? We can guarantee that, plus:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401k Retirement Plan with match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Weekly Career Development Meetings for your first 60 days
- Gym Membership reimbursement
- Bucket List Benefit
- Team Outings and Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Catered lunches 4 days a week
- Birthday celebrations
- Coffee, soda, snacks, ping pong, and beer on Fridays
TechnologyAdvice is dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource in a variety of technology verticals, the company helps buyers improve their businesses and vendors find their customers. Through unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews, TechnologyAdvice provides the insight that buyers need to find the right technology.
Additionally, the company’s unique demand generation programs help vendors improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of qualified technology buyers. TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn., and was named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017.
Pre-employment screening required.