Are you looking for a great career with a growing company where you can make an impact and be part of an exciting team? TechnologyAdvice has been on a mission this past year to overhaul its tech stack from a couple monolithic applications to many microservices, and that means a lot of new data models and workflows!
Do you enjoy investigating problems to find solutions? Are you someone who’s naturally curious and craves knowledge? Are you a software engineer who possesses good data intuition?
As TechnologyAdvice's data engineer, you are not only needed to dissect and analyze data, but you also act as a storyteller to explain the data. This isn't your typical data engineering role. Data here isn't just reporting; it's the core of our business. Leveraging both internal and external data sources, we form the bedrock that powers our industry-leading lead generation capabilities.
THE CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE
- Prototyping internal data utilities to enhance and support various business units. As the Subject Matter Expert on all of the data resources we have available, your unique perspective and capabilities will be invaluable for leveraging our data resources in new and innovative ways to drive value for the business
- Develop guidelines, standards, and processes to ensure the highest data quality and integrity in the data stores residing on the data repository
- Designing, building, and maintaining data models used by our BI platform (SeekWell and Tableau)
- Authors and maintains design documentation
- Hands-on development, testing, debugging and ongoing maintenance of new and existing code (Python, OO-PHP, PostgreSQL/MySQL, JSON)
- Building and maintaining data integrations with third-party systems
- Identifying and executing on opportunities for automating relevant data processes
- Building and maintaining ETL processes and data dictionaries between our production systems and AWS Redshift
- Collaborate with our software engineering team to ensure proper change management for ETL processes and data models
- Organizes workload to meet deadlines as assigned by leadership
- Develops working knowledge of company's products and services in order to better understand internal client needs
- Ensures leadership is informed of schedules, timelines, statuses, issues, mitigations and all other information
- Interacts with other key staff members on the design and execution of certain tasks
- Reviews others code/models for quality assurance to maintain best practices
MUST-HAVES FOR THIS ROLE
- Proven, professional experience with:
- Managing data with AWS Redshift (that's the main playground for the data team)
- Excellent programming, testing and debugging skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Designing, building, and maintaining both new and existing data systems and solutions
- Understanding of ETL processes and how they function
- Must be prepared to learn new business processes or application nuances very quickly
- Knowledge of software development
- PostgreSQL or MySQL
NICE-TO-HAVES FOR THIS ROLE
- Ability to learn and work with Python & PHP as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or a related field
PERKS & BENEFITS:
Compensation is a combination of base salary plus quarterly profit sharing potential. In addition to the opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a driven team, we also offer:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Weekly career development meetings for your first 60 days
- Bucket list benefit on each work anniversary
- Gym Membership reimbursement
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives (book clubs, monthly learning series, Leadership Academy and more!)
- Catered lunches 4 days a week
- Coffee, soda, snacks, ping pong, and beer on Fridays
TechnologyAdvice is dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource in a variety of technology verticals, the company helps buyers improve their businesses and vendors find their customers. Through unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews, TechnologyAdvice provides the insight that buyers need to find the right technology.
Additionally, the company’s unique demand generation programs help vendors improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of qualified technology buyers. TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn., and was named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017.
Pre-employment screening required.