This isn't your typical data engineering role. Data here isn't just reporting; it's the core of our business. Leveraging both internal and external data sources, we form the bedrock that powers our industry-leading lead generation capabilities. As TechnologyAdvice's data engineer on the Business Intelligence team, the right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
The Core Responsibilities of This Role Include:
- Prototyping internal data utilities to enhance and support various business units. As the Subject Matter Expert on all of the data resources we have available, your unique perspective and capabilities will be invaluable for leveraging our data resources in new and innovative ways to drive value for the business
- Develop guidelines, standards, and processes to ensure the highest data quality and integrity in the data stores residing on the data repository
- Designing, building, and maintaining data models used by our BI platform (SeekWell and Tableau)
- Building and maintaining data integrations with third-party systems
- Identifying and executing on opportunities for automating relevant data processes
- Building and maintaining ETL processes and data dictionaries between our production systems and AWS Redshift
- Collaborate with our software engineering team to ensure proper change management for ETL processes and data models
Must-haves For This Role
Proven, professional experience with:
- Managing data with AWS Redshift (that's the main playground for the data team)
- Designing, building, and maintaining both new and existing data systems and solutions
- Understanding of ETL processes and how they function
Nice-to-haves For This Role
- Ability to learn and work with Python as needed. While we're not picky about your choice of language for any particular task (we have production code running in Python, PHP, Bash, AWK, and NodeJS), Python is the way of the data world and experience with it would be beneficial
The Perfect Personality for This Role:
- Be inquisitive and innovative: the desire to say "let's do this!" and the ability to do what's needed to follow through
- A sixth sense for detecting data defects, anomalies, and risks
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly is a fundamental necessity
- Enjoy working in fast-paced, collaborative, Agile environments
- Plans and executes activities with generally-defined goals and minimal supervision. We trust you to know your stuff and don't micromanage you
- Minimal supervision doesn't mean minimal support - be comfortable and proactive asking questions and seeking additional help if needed to accomplish goals
- Wants to understand the data, not just the pipelines pushing it around. Can definitely perform some analytics and build some dashboards (because you like to, not just when you have to)
- Ability to work independently. While you'll collaborate with and have the full support of our business intelligence and software engineering teams, most projects will be worked on independently.
Perks and Benefits:
Compensation is a combination of base salary plus quarterly profit sharing potential. In addition to the opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a driven team, we also offer:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Weekly career development meetings for your first 60 days
- Bucket list benefit on each work anniversary
- Gym Membership reimbursement
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives (book clubs, monthly learning series, Leadership Academy and more!)
- Catered lunches 4 days a week
- Coffee, soda, snacks, ping pong, and beer on Fridays
Who We Are:
TechnologyAdvice is dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource in a variety of technology verticals, the company helps buyers improve their businesses and vendors find their customers. Through unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews, TechnologyAdvice provides the insight that buyers need to find the right technology.
Additionally, the company’s unique demand generation programs help vendors improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of qualified technology buyers. TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn., and was named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017.
Pre-employment screening required.